Friday, November 12, 2010

anne percoco

here are some images from a project by my friend anne... so beautiful...



"For the 2010 Dumbo Arts Festival, I created a functional sleeping bag and pillow sewn out of cloth leaves cut from botanical-print fabrics. These leaves vary in material, color, graphic style, and texture. From a distance, the sleeping bag appears to be a messy, beautiful pile of leaves.
During the festival, I invited people to nap in the sleeping bag in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. In this way, participants activated the sculpture. They had the opportunity to rest, camouflaged, in the midst of the festival's activity."
-Anne Percoco



6 comments:

  1. I completely love this. Its the second time this week I wanted to post something you featured on Neptune on my blog. I stopped myself :) I did repost the ree morton table and wall display with a via to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for linking to me!
    and go ahead and repost if you're so inclined... i would love to have more people be able to see anne's work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok if you don't mind I would love to. I love anne's sleeping bag and wish I could have rested there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh this is pretty. i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your blog.specially the woven things from 1970s and this work of yours

    ReplyDelete