Monday, October 18, 2010

animals

Because my current body of work is about bedrooms and sleep, I decided that it made sense for me to start recording my dreams every morning. While most of them have been disappointingly mundane, I'm surprised by how many animals are in them (though, coming from a family of naturalists, this probably makes sense). In the past 2 weeks I have dreamed about a butterfly, a pair of eagle eggs, a hummingbird, and many, many ants.
Will I have to make some sculptures of animals to include with the bedroom objects? I'm not sure yet, could be cheesy... but it's got me thinking about art that includes animals or animal-like creatures...



lauren davies

huma bhabha


francis upritchard

sandrine pelletier

david altmejd

mindy shapero

ulrike palmbach


kathryn spence

christien rijnsdorp

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic collection of work. Thanks so much for sharing them. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog - so deeply informed, and such breadth of gallery-going and viewing. YOu must be really plugged in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out my friend's artwork. I think you'll really like it.
    http://www.renabranstengallery.com/Putnam.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love his work! we were actually in a show together at the oakland art gallery in 2008!

    ReplyDelete